Apply To WMAA
WMAA is a public charter high school, open to any student residing in Michigan. Under our charter, we can have a maximum of 620 students (155 per grade).
Since we routinely receive more applications than there are available spots, a lottery system is enacted per federal and state regulations. To increase the chances of your student being accepted, you should apply by the end of the open enrollment period.
- Preference is given to siblings of students already enrolled.
- When open enrollment ends, applications are counted. If there are fewer applications than openings, all applications will be accepted. If there are more applications than openings, the Academy will conduct a random selection lottery.
- The lottery is a random selection to determine who will be accepted and who will be placed on a waiting list. The Academy will draw names from all students who submit completed application materials prior to the open enrollment deadline.
- Applications received after the open enrollment deadline are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis for any remaining openings. If all spots are filled, the student’s name will be added to the end of the waiting list for his/her grade level.
Applications for the 2022/23 School Year
- Applications are accepted August 23, 2021 – February 28, 2022 at 4:00p.m.
- If there are more applications than open class spots, the lottery will be March 10, 2022 5:00p.m.
- The lottery will take place at West Michigan Aviation Academy and is open to the public.
- Students will be notified the week of March 14, 2022 with an acceptance letter or a letter stating their waitlist position.
Please send application form, along with required documents to West Michigan Aviation Academy by one of the following ways:
- Mail: 5363 44th St SE Grand Rapids, MI 49512
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 616.957.0491