Living In a Diverse World
West Michigan Aviation Academy offers Spanish as its primary option to fulfill the Michigan graduation requirement of two years of a world language. Because our students live in a global society and because fluency in a world language is so important for college acceptance, WMAA strongly encourages its students to take more than the required two years of a world language.
Spanish courses are aligned to the Michigan Foreign Language Standards:
- Communication (interpretive, interpersonal and presentational communication)
- Culture (the practices, perspectives and products of Spanish speaking people)
- Connections (between other disciplines and the Spanish language)
- Comparisons (of the Spanish language and cultures and your own)
- Communities (using Spanish in and outside of the classroom)